Sunday, February 17, 2008

mini review: Almond Shower Oil by L'Occitane

Summary: It's okay.

I bought a little travel size of the Almond Shower Oil, intrigued because it is supposed to smell like almonds, and reputed to be very moisturizing for the winter months. It is almond-y, but a very mild, watered-down almond. The texture is not bad; the oil feels like the cleansing oils I use to remove makeup. It does seem to leave my skin a bit more moisturized than normal. However, the smell doesn't win me over - I prefer LUSH's seasonal Snowcake soap, despite its tendency to smell a bit clay-like depending on the batch. So the search continues for a convenient almond-scented body cleanser.

Update 2008-02-19: Actually, this oil is rather drying. I'll have to use it up in the summer months.

No comments: