Sunday, February 05, 2006

Revlon Moisture Shine Lipgloss

I got Revlon Moisture Shine Lipgloss モイスチャーシャイン リップグロス in Coffee Gleam. It's a nice rich medium coffee color. It's a bit shimmery although not glittery. The color is very pretty.

The texture is a bit sticky so it lasts fairly well. It tingles irritatingly a bit when I first apply it.

It has the same square tube packaging as Revlon SuperLustrous Lipgloss, so I'm a bit bitter at the 125% markup; it's 1680 yen in Japan.

Because of the price, I definitely won't be repurchasing this in Japan. I might pick up a darker color in the U.S. if I see it on sale. For $6 I think the color selection is very nice. I haven't been able to find many dark colored glosses, and brown colors seem particularly rare.

2006/03/08 update: lipgloss ranking:
1) revlon moisture shine lipgloss - basically, it wins because of the color. The light vanilla scent isn't bad either.

2) the body shop hi-shine lip treatment - comes in second because of the pretty color. It smells deliciously fruity too.

3) maybelline water shiny gloss in cappucino cream - comes in third. I love the texture and look, but it doesn't feel as nice when my lips are a bit dry, which they have been recently. Also, the color selection is rather bland.

4) Shu Uemura lip shimmer in strawberry compote - very pretty, lasts decently long, but I've had it for more than 2 years so I'm a little bored of it.

5) shades of hue lip lacquer - pretty, purplish metallic color. Texture is way too sticky and goopy, although the metallic shine is great. I mix it with the shiseido gloss to thin out the texture. Because of the metallic shine, it's pretty much only an evening color.

6) Shiseido The Makeup Lip Gloss in clear (limited edition - I'm such an easy mark) - light, nice texture, but it just doesn't taste very good, and I'm not a fan of the rose scent.

In summary, they're all pretty good, but I will try out other lipglosses before I repeat any of these purchases. Of the above, the Shu Uemura lip shimmer is definitely the best. No irritating smell or taste, no tingling. Just pretty, long lasting gloss.

It's funny, but this pretty much encapsulates my entire history of lip gloss purchases. I've bought a gloss jelly or two, but this is all the lip gloss I've ever bought. I guess I can count how many lipsticks I've purchased in my life too. One Origins lipstick (pretty brownish shade but got too thick so threw it away). One Shiseido lipstick (again, pretty brownish shade but got thick so threw it away). One Fasio lipstick (still using, but the shade is a boring reddish one so not so exciting). Oh, I bought a lot of pink maybelline lipsticks when I was in high school, but they never suited me all that well. Pink doesn't work for me in general. Gee, now I don't feel so bad about multiplying the number of glosses I own by 5 in the course of a year (it went from 1 to 5).

No comments: