Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The Body Shop Indian Gardenia

After wearing both the perfume oil and the eau de parfum, I give this fragrance a thumbs up.

Neither version lasts very long, but it's a warm, pretty perfume. So far it's the only thing I want to wear this very cold winter. I have built up rather a stock of samples and perfumes to retry during the spring and summer.

Now, I want to try some perfumes that smell like English teas with lemon and sugar. Green teas remind me too much of green tea ice cream.

I'm still addicted to almond scented bath products, but they're pretty hard to find. I can't stomach the 100% markup over U.S. prices in L'Occitane's Japanese stores, and Lush only has the winter season Snowcake soap available (now gone for the year). Maybe I'll try L'Occitane's almond hand soap.

2 comments:

katiedid said...

Oh golly, there's this trio of scents by Philosophy that sounds right up your alley. I say "sounds" because I haven't actually tried them at all. Lemme see if I can find a link... GAH! Nope, their "tea" series has been discontinued. Shoot. It was a trio of scents, one for tea, one for lemon, one for sugar... drat. Well, if you spot it on eBay it might be worth your while. Or nevermind.

There's a lotion I really like called Te Nero (Black Tea) by Speziali Fiorentini that smells exactly like Lipton's Black and Cut Orange Pekoe Tea that's very nice, and shouldn't remind you of green tea ice cream. I've heard very complimentary things about the fragrance oil, too, and from someone who's taste I really trust, but I can only personally vouch for the lotion.

kuri* said...

Ooh, thanks! I will go search for those things. Te Nero sounds very nice in fact. Probably just what I'm looking for. It's funny, but I usually like the smell of tea better than the actual taste.