Monday, November 21, 2005

Indian Gardenia, Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune, Snowcake

I stopped by The Body Shop on my way home last night and spritzed on a bit of Indian Gardenia. It's quite a pretty perfume. It lasted at least a couple hours. I don't think I'll buy it though. It's nice but not addicting. I'm waiting for something addicting.

Today I tried on my sample of Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune. After four hours, it smells vaguely...chemical. Actually, I can't think of what it reminds me of. It's not quite chemical; if I smell it properly there's a nice mixture of scents, but the overall effect is not quite pleasing.

Fun anyway. I'll be trying a different sample tomorrow.

I've been using LUSH's Snowcake soap for a couple days now. I love the scent of almonds. Bathing is almost luxurious now. It's nice for the drier winter weather too.

3 comments:

katiedid said...

In a way, I think you're quite lucky you got FOUR hours out of the Pamplelune. Even if it was vaguely... chemical. Heh.

Lush is one of those shops I have a very hard time in. The sheer strength of all those perfumes mixing induces an honest-to-god migraine in me. The worst part is that I really do love their bath bombs. But ay-ay-ay the headache. I don't think I've tried their Snowcake soap yet - I'll have to stick in on my Xmas list and hope someone will brave the Lush store for me perhaps!

kuri* said...

Heh, I doubt anyone else can smell the Pamplelune, but if I sniff my wrists it's still there.

I can completely understand getting a headache from entering Lush. The first time I visited the shop nearby it was shocking how strongly the store smelled. I didn't notice it last time though; maybe it's not as noticeable in the cold weather. I love their bath bombs too. Too bad I always stick to showers, so I've only bought them as presents. Good luck on the holiday gifts! I should start on my holiday cards...

kuri* said...

The batch I got this year (2006) smells more of playdoh, so the soap seems inconsistent :(