Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Chanel Cristalle and L'Eau d'Issey

I tried Cristalle twice and can officially say that I don't really care for it. For some reason it reminds me of my old Barbie dolls. It smells familiar, as in a scent I remember identifying as perfume but not particularly liking. *shrugs*

I do like L'Eau d'Issey though. It's light and sweet; maybe a little too sweet for my taste. But it's a pretty, fresh scent. I don't think it suits me particularly well, but I like the fragrance.

I don't know if I dare try out Beyond Paradise once more.

As it stands, I like Anna Sui Secret Wish, Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey, and The Body Shop Indian Gardenia, but nothing particularly fits me. I love Escentuals of Portland's Grapefruit essential oil, but I need a perfume oil scented with it! Mujirushi has this yummy grapefruit and orange refreshing water, but it only lasts for an instant. They need to make a perfume out of it.

Some people might be interested to know that I plan to visit the Shiseido shop in Ginza this Saturday. I wonder if we'll be able to smell the famous White Rose, or if we will be stymied by zealous guardians. Frankly, I think we'll be fended off. I also wonder if I'll be able to appreciate its reputed beauty. Perhaps I ought to go sniff Yves Saint Laurent Paris before I set off for Ginza. Anyway, it ought to be interesting.

Update: I tried on Beyond Paradise, and I must have confused it with something else. It's very nice and feels rather elegant, except for the fact that it seems very familar and normal. And I sniffed Indian Gardenia again and was smitten once more. It's delicious in this cold weather.

1 comment:

katiedid said...

Oh that is too cool. Neat. You're totally going to have to spill the details about that shopping trip, White Rose or no White Rose. I can't find an email addy for you in your blogger profile, (and I feel weird and jerky using the one you had to fill out in my Scentzilla comments) but a bunch of us are making up Best of 2005 lists for this Friday, the 30th. It's not necessarily the stuff that came out in the year 2005, just the best beauty/perfume/etc girly stuff we personally discovered over the course of the year. Email me at whatever email address on either of my blog pages if you want to participate and I'll be delighted to add you to our list. There's roughly twenty of us so far participating.