Wednesday, November 17, 2004

tm revolution

Some days, I just feel like chattering.

I think TM Revolution is so-so. He's got some catchy music, and he seems to be quite a performer, but it's all just fluffy entertainment in the end.

Gackt is really cute, but I find his persona strange. I guess it's funny, and it's cretainly unique. As far as I can tell, his persona is supposed to be really really stupid. I thought he was just trying to be blase and cool. I hear differing accounts about whether he's just acting or he really is extremely stupid. I think he's just acting though.

In terms of real musicians, so far I can only think of UA.

Ayumi Hamasaki seems a little too plastic to me. She's a Japanese Barbie doll. You know? Ever striving to be cool and have all the latest fashions. Her music isn't terribly exciting either, although it's not bad.

Amuro Namie seems to be the hip hop flavored Japanese Barbie doll. No message in her music either.

Is it me, or is the black-haired Kinki Kid dressing really nasty these days? His hair and clothes are absolutely horrific? That's the one thing I like about Gackt - he looks sharp in those suits.

Fumiya Fuji is a little weird. I think he's trying a little hard to be hip too. That long hair is a bit jarring. It's like Jackie Chan and his long hair. ぜんぜん似合わないよ。 Doesn't suit them at all.

No comments: