Tuesday, June 15, 2004

ann taylor, clothes

I love this silk shirt I got from Ann Taylor. Probably worth the $70.

Too bad the $50 cotton shirt I got from there hasn't been holding up so well - the dye faded from a spot on the collar, and it's impossible to iron smooth. The black pants turned out too be too long, and I don't like unlined dress pants that much. Next time I'll stick to lined pants.

Still, the black pinstriped suit I got is brilliant - lined, comfortable and fits perfectly. I wear the jeans the time. Overall, I like Ann Taylor.

My Benetton suit has its good points and bad points. Bad points being that the waist is too big for me, although it fits elsewhere. I need to get the waist altered. Also, the skirt got caught on something and a thread was pulled out, which I'm not sure how to fix. I'll have to check ehow. The material is great, though, and I don't have to worry about staining it.

My A.V.V. suit fits wonderfully and is lovely for the summer, but the color is a light beige which is really easy to mark up. I'll stick to dark colors from now on. It was quite a bargain though - my cheapest suit at $130 or so total.

My Franco Sarto loafers are great dress shoes. I walk around a lot all day and they're always comfortable. Sure, my New Balance sneakers are more comfortable, but I can't really wear them with a suit. I need some waterproof dress shoes for the rainy season though.

I love buying undershirts from Uniqlo. They have these nice fast-drying v-necked shirts for 1000 yen (about $10). I think I'll go buy another one. This one is really comfortable. Hard to beat! They fit nicely and are well made. Old Navy is such a joke.

No comments: